The Leicester Riders Foundation is continuing to grow in stature and workforce. We are seeking a new community basketball coach to join their Community team. LRF are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about coaching and wanting to learn more about basketball and the many pathways that Riders can offer them.
Main Duties and Responsibility
- To deliver effective sessions with relevant skills, tactics and techniques for the age group or ability of the players involved
- To deliver a variety of basketball and physical activity-based programmes and sessions across a variety of settings including schools, and the community
- Deliver curriculum and non – curriculum sessions
- Working with people from the community using basketball as a tool of delivery on programmes such as NCS, PL kicks, Street Games, Carry A ball not a blade
- Planning and delivering sessions for SEN schools and targeted SEN / inclusion groups including Memphys and Vista.
- Co-ordinating participants’ attendance at meetings and other sports events
- Planning and running programmes of activities for groups and/or individuals
- Assist with the running of festival, tournaments and leagues
- Opportunities to be involved in BBL/WBBL Game days and events
- Complete all necessary reports and evidencing of the sessions and projects delivered
- Assist with the delivery of projects and satellite clubs.
- Coaching on Holiday Camps and Development days
- Opportunity to Coach within University Programmes and Junior National League Teams
- Continuous Personal Development opportunities.
- Promotion of sports events to increase participation at sessions
- Completion of Health and safety and risk assessments when applicable.
- Deliver with in school and education settings working with children of all ages and abilities
- Working across a wide variety of programmes focusing on health and wellbeing
- Delivering on programmes such as Hoops for health, Ambassadors programmes delivering assemblies within schools
- Being a leading light working with the community and developing key relationships for programmes within the community
- Travel is necessary to fulfil the role.
- Clean Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
- Applicants must live with in a commutable distance of Morningside Arena, LE1 3UL, Leicester
- Level 2 Basketball Coach award
- Fully enhanced DBS check
- Ability to work with players from Grass Roots to Elite
- Excellent communication levels and Administration skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to encourage and motivate people
- Ability to be flexible and work unsociable hours & weekends
- Display a professional approach at all times, setting an example to others
- Good leadership skills
- Experience of working in a school setting or professional environment
- Ability to engage with people from all backgrounds
- Be professionally approachable
- Teaching experience within sport
- Ability to work with partner organisations such as United Leicester to design and deliver programmes.
- Be dynamic and a hard-working individual
- Up to date safeguarding / child protection certificates
- Up to date emergency first aid certificate
Community Coach (Full Time Contract 38 hours per week)
LRF General Manager – Laura Shephard
Leicester City, Leicestershire & Rutland
£18,525-£19,500 (depending on experience)
How to apply:
Please complete the enclosed application form with your CV and covering letter and email to [email protected] no later than 5pm on 3/04/23.