Loughborough Basketball is offering coaching opportunities to established and aspiring basketball coaches.
Coaching development programme
Loughborough University is excited to offer its Coach Development Programme for aspiring basketball coaches.
The programme provides mentoring, qualifications and coaching experience in a first-class sporting facility.
BUCS Coaching Opportunities
We have coaching roles open for our BUCS programme! We are recruiting five volunteer head coach positions across our Men’s and Women’s programmes.
We’re looking for Head Coaches with previous coaching experience, or a high basketball IQ and strong leadership skills, to run 1-2 sessions per week during term time and approximately 10 games across the season.
Coaches will be integrated into a system where they will receive mentorship from senior staff, and receive the opportunity to mentor novice coaches over the course of the season.
The full job specification is below.
Duties and responsibilities
- Involvement in running a 2-week pre-season for returning BUCS players
- Shared responsibility in the selection of players during the trials process
- Planning and running of two one and a half hour on-court sessions per week during term time
- Coaching 10 BUCS games over the course of the season, in addition to a cup run of 1-5 games
- Oppurtunity to attain Level 2 coaching qualifications
- Long-term potention to attain Level 3 coaching qualification
- Mentorship from professional coaching staff
- Development and progression opportunities in the Loughborough performance programme and Leicester Riders programme
- Coaching attire and coaching supplies
- Priority assignment of paid officiating opportunities at BUCS and NBL games
The following roles are available:
|BUCS 3s||BUCS 3s|
|BUCS 4s||BUCS 4s|
Officiating, coaching and events courses
For anyone interested in upskilling and gaining qualifications, Loughborough University are offering courses for officiating, coaching and event management in basketball.